Shelf Discovery Challenge

Yep, I'm joining yet ANOTHER challenge. But the funny part is was that I was thinking about doing something with this book as well for a challenge but I wasn't really sure how to do it. So I'm really glad Julie from Bookingmama came up with this one!

Details:

The Shelf Discovery Challenge will run for six months (November 1, 2009 - April 30, 2010). To join me in this challenge, all you need to do is grab a copy of SHELF DISCOVERY and pick out what six books you want to read (of course, you can read more than six!) Then, after you read a book, just write a "book report" to share your thoughts with others!

Sign Up:

Grab the challenge button at the top of this page and write a post detailing what six Shelf Discovery books you are going to read within the next six months (you always have the option to change your original list -- I'm flexible like that!) If you don't already have the book, you can browse the table of contents here. Once you have posted your Shelf Discovery challenge post, come back to this post and click on Mr. Linky. Please leave your name and link directly to your introductory post (not just to your blog’s home page.) If you don’t have a blog, no worries -- you can just leave a comment on this post telling me you want to participate.

My List:

There are a whole bunch of books that I've read (and reread dozens of times to this day) on the list. But I decided to try out 6 books that I HAVEN'T read yet, to see why I missed out on them the first time around.

Sister of the Bride by Beverly Cleary (Report)
A Gift of Magic by Lois Duncan (Report)
Summer of Fear by Lois Duncan (Report)
Stranger With My Face by Lois Duncan (Report)
Down a Dark Hall by Lois Duncan (Report)
Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher (Report)

As you can tell I like Lois Duncan. The thing was, I think I read the same books of hers over and over again and never gravitated to her other titles. Sister of the Bride is one of the few Beverly Cleary books I haven't read. And Understood Betsy was chosen at random (aka I opened up the book and found the first book I hadn't read yet). So here's to new classic reads!

Comments

  1. Great list! I used to love Lois Duncan. I haven't read her in years so I can't wait to read your reviews. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I've read Lois Duncan. Darn! There are just so many books I want to read from SHELF DISCOVERY! Every time I see someone's list, I add more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're doing this challenge too! I think it's going to be lots of fun and I can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I've read and enjoyed Lois Duncan, but I don't think I've read any of those, other than (maybe) Summer of Fear. Looking forward to learning more about them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going on a Lois Duncan binge as well. Never read any of her books. Look forward to hearing what you think about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in this one too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat