400 Books in 2009!

Ye gods! I finished my 400th book of 2009 today!!!!

I honestly cannot believe I have read this many in one year. And it's only the middle of October! I still have 2.5 months to go! 500 books is looking VERY attainable as I'm about to start another reading challenge on Paperback swap and then the 24 hour readathon is next week. Although I have a feeling around mid November to early December things will start to slow down due to finals and papers as the semester closes. So yeah....I'm just amazed with myself. I was thinking I'm really going to try to get 500 books because this will most likely be the last year in my life that I will ever be able to do this. Next year I will be trying to get a job in my field, plus in the next few years I'll probably want kids so my reading time will definitely be cut short. So I'm going to enjoy it while I can!

Comments

  1. I'm amazed with you too, considering you got married in the middle of the year! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm also amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Deborah!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 400 books???? WOW! Deb, you are a goddess of reading.

    And I'm struggling with managing 50 by the end of the year. Congratulations.

    Please, tell me your secret. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that is an amazing accomplishment. Reading must be your super power. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I'm not sure how many I've read this year but I think I'd be lucky to have 100. Hope you reach 500!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a slow reader and do good to get 100 in during a normal year. There's so much more good reading out there than I'll ever get to, so good for you, Deborah! I'm just curious - how do you do a challenge on Paperback Swap?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:08 PM

    you go girl! that is so great! and you're right you better read now before children :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go girl! Congratulations! Cheering you on to 500. Speed readers united!

    ReplyDelete
  10. carole - on paperbackswap, if you go in the discussion forums and then the game forum, there are a whole bunch of games and there are several reading challenges on there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who is having the 24 hour read-athon next week??

    ReplyDelete
  12. luv2read - here's the link, you can still sign up! 24 Hour Readathon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat