Faith 'n Fiction Saturday


My Friend Amy, who brought us Book Blogger Appreciation Week has a new carnival in the works, the Faith 'n Fiction Saturday.

Each week she will post a blogging prompt, which participating bloggers will answer on their own blogs. Then they head back to the original post and sign Mister Linky! This way we can all come to know each other more closely.

Today's Question: This week is more about faith and less about fiction. Since Resurrection Sunday, aka Easter, is one of the most important celebrations of our faith, I thought it would be fun to share with each other one or more of the following:
1) How do you celebrate Easter?
2) Do you have a special Easter memory?
3) Do you have a favorite verse or song for this time of year?

Well we go to church. I feel bad for saying that's pretty much it. It does amaze though how on Easter, massive amounts of people come to church. That and Christmas. It's the two days of the year where everyone feels they need to make an appearance in church. And be decked out in clothing too! What I think is great about my church is that my pastor doesn't preach the traditional Easter message on Easter. The people that only come to church on Easter expect the same old "He is Risen" message and usually don't pay attention. So what instead he does is preach on a more relevant message and while he does mention the Resurrection, he does a message that would make a greater impact on the visitors.

Favorite Easter memory would probably be my mom hiding a bag of chocolate mini eggs around the house for us to find when we got back from church. That was the extent of our Easter egg hunts. The best part was finding one of those eggs months later. Gag if you want, but it still tasted good!

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:11 AM

    Good for your pastor! I agree, all the "part-timer" Christians always come all decked out to church on Easter. That's the one day of the year you can "guilt" people into coming to church - LOL

    Enjoyed your answer - mine is up at Free Spirit-

    http://tinyurl.com/dga7cv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part-Time Christians! LOL! I know what you mean. It's crazy trying to find a seat. Here is my answer.

    Easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I didn't get to participate today. I wish you a Blessed Easter as you celebrate our risen Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat