Book Review: "Kiss Me If You Dare" by Nicole Young


Excellent Ending to the Series

Tish Amble has had to flee from everyone she's grown to love and hide away with a new identity. She must do this to protect her family, friends and the man she loves. Unfortunately just as she's starting to get used to her new lifestyle of being a college student and beginning to renovate houses again, someone begins sabotaging her work and tries to harm her. Fleeing from the scene, Tish returns back to Michigan under disguise to see her family again. Most importantly she wants to know about Brad, who she's had no contact with at all. However when she gets there, the happy reunion she thought she'd receive is nowhere to be found.

When I started reading this book, I was totally confused. For some reason, when I finished reading Kill Me If You Can, I thought Brad had died and therefore Tish's romantic life was over. Imagine to my surprise when he came along in this book! This was my fault as I had read the book wrong, but it totally caught me off guard. But in a good way, because I've always enjoyed reading about their relationship. However, that happy relationship has taken a turn for the worse in this book as Brad has pretty much given up the will to live and refuses to see anyone even Tish. I was sad that Tish had to hide away from her family and her friends from the last book. Even though it was to keep her safe, I could understand how hard it was to not be in contact with those you love. Denton kept getting on my nerves by the way he kept treating Tish. I mean he doesn't get her anything to take a shower or much less even the time to do so, and then he complains that she smells. I wanted to smack him and run out of the car! I know he was trying to protect her but his attitude was just very condescending.

I really enjoyed reading about the class competing to fix up the houses. Even though I'm not good at doing this, I really love reading about redecorating houses so anytime Tish gets the urge to start renovating, I'm hooked. The mystery behind who's sabotaging Tish is done very well and there are lots of twists and turns and surprises along the way. This book however feels more suspense than mystery and it gets very fast paced from the middle of the book until the end. There is a scene at the end that is very touching and it explains a lot about Tish, her family and why she is the way she is.

I'm sad the series is over as I've enjoyed Tish's adventures and I wish we could read more about her. This book does tie up everything and it brings all the story lines to a close. This has been an excellent series by Nicole Young and I will be eagerly looking forward to her next book!

Kiss Me If You Dare by Nicole Young is published by Revell (2009)

Comments

  1. I've been wanting to read this series, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just hate it when a series you love ends?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is in my TBR stack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:30 PM

    hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deborah,
    Thanks for reviewing my book. I'm sorry to see the series end as well. Maybe Tish will pop up in an e-adventure someday! Keep an eye on my website for my next release. Back to your review -- I know what you mean about Denton Braddock. You want to throw people like him out of the car. But even if we don't like how it's presented, the truth is important to our growth. We don't always want to hear it because it means facing things we'd rather not look at right now. But the truth sets us free if we stay open to it and don't take offense to the messenger. Some people go through life choosing not to see the truth. People like Denton help reveal it, proof that God can use anybody! Thanks again for reading and reviewing the Patricia Amble Mystery Series!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat