24 Hour Read-a-Thon


This weekend I'm going to be participating the 24 Hour Read-a-Thon. This will be my first time doing the Read-a-Thon and I'm very excited about it.

What is the 24 Hour Read-a-thon?

It’s sort of a reading challenge, only everyone participates at the same time. For 24 hours, we read books, post in our blogs about our reading, and visit other readers’ blogs. We also participate in mini-challenges throughout the day.


My start time starts at 8am Saturday morning so yes, that means I plan on staying up until 8am Sunday morning reading!
I have a feeling though I will pass out around 2-3am. But I plan on getting some coffee during the last few hours to see if I can make it. The ultimate plan is to stay up the whole 24 hours, go to the early service at church and then crash for the rest of the day. I plan on blogging and twittering hourly about my progress, so if you don't see a post at the top of the hour, that means I didn't make it :-( (I just also noticed I used the word plan 4 times in that paragraph...)

I don't have a set list of books that I'm reading other than The Face by Angela Hunt that both Amy from My Friend Amy and I are reading so we can blog about it together later. Other than that I have a bunch of books from other reading challenges and plus if I get bored with those, believe me I have a huge TBR list that I can choose from. I might be able to crank out possibly 4 finished books during the read-a-thon.
I might also squeeze in some school reading.

Anyone else signing up for it? Any tips or past experience stories?

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:49 AM

    I am signed up for it and my start time is also 8am ET! I am really excited about it...good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm signing up too! I only made a pile because I know otherwise I'd stand in front of my shelves for way too long deliberating about what to read next. This way I have fewer choices. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I need to try and participate...at least for 12 or 15 hours. LOL! I have so many books I need to get through...too many books and far too little time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the read-a-thon. I hope you're up in time to call in for the Ted Dekker show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in, but my goal is just 19 hours. Last time I stayed up all 24, but I can't this time. I hope you have fun! Just plan for good books and good food and things should go well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am participating too :o) It's 5am my time though. Ugh. I've been assembling a HUGE pile of books to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would go ahead and make a pile - even if it consists of 10x as many books as you think you can read - and have it with you in your reading area. You don't want to have to go and scour your TBR pile in order to find something you want to read, it can really break your concentration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see your posts. Excited to see you sign up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck tomorrow! My tip is to make sure you have snacks on hand if you're trying to read for all 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited to be doing the read-a-thon with you too! This is my first year, so I have no advice. I just hope to go to bed early tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat