Faith 'n Fiction Saturday


My Friend Amy, who brought us Book Blogger Appreciation Week has a new carnival in the works, the Faith 'n Fiction Saturday.

Each week she will post a blogging prompt, which participating bloggers will answer on their own blogs. Then they head back to the original post and sign Mister Linky! This way we can all come to know each other more closely.

Today's Challenge
We love to read our books, but sometimes we forget to appreciate the wonderful authors behind them. Authors who write for the Christian marketplace face many challenges with a smaller market and oftentimes the spiritual burden of writing about faith.

So today, I'd like for us to just appreciate our favorite authors. What I'm challenging you to do today is to write a letter of appreciation and encouragement to an author who has written a book that has touched your life or at the very least that you dearly love. Post the letter on your blog. Then, if you are really feeling the love, I suggest you print the letter out and research how to send it via snail mail to your favorite (or beloved) author. If you can't narrow it down to just one author, then I suggest you write more letters and send them in the mail!

Dear Gilbert Morris,

I just wanted to say I am a HUGE fan of your books! I have been a fan ever since I was 10 years old when I read my first House of Winslow book. I'm 25 now and your books were among the first Christian fiction books I ever read.

It was because of your books that I became interested in history. Your books spotlighted historical events and turned them into wonderful stories. I would read about the events taking place and then go back and do further research about them. Because of this, I have chosen to pursue my studies and career in history. I want to learn more about the events that have helped to shape society. I have your books to thank for this. I have traveled from Noah and the great flood to 1400s England, from the arrival of the Mayflower to World War II, from present day America to a post Apocalyptic future. It's been a fun journey with each book. You have written in several different genres (historical, western, mystery, contemporary, fantasy, Biblical, YA) and have mastered all of them. Each story takes me away, entertains me, and helps me to learn.

I now own every single adult fiction book you have written, and all but 4 of your young adult series. That's well over 200 books! No other author in my collection even comes close! I was just able to acquire a book of yours that I have been hunting for several years, #37 of the House of Winslow series, The Shining Badge. Now my collection is complete.

Thank you so much for your writing. It's been truly an honor to have read all your books so far and I'm looking forward to your future ones.

Sincerely

Deborah

Comments

  1. This is truly beautiful. How awesome! I've need to read more of his books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:50 AM

    Wow you definitely made me want to read some of Morris! Wonderful letter - this is a fun one today, isn't it? My letter is up at Free Spirit-

    http://tinyurl.com/dyglhd

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Gilbert Morris. It was his first book in the House of Winslow that hooked me on Christian Fiction. He is so prolific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a neat testimony to an author. What a powerful impact he had on the direction of your life. And the number of books you have of his is, um, amazing!

    Awesome letter!

    Blessings, Mimi @ Woven by Words

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome idea! I've been meaning to write Annie Lamott for years! Maybe I'll get to typing...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat