Well all good things must come to an end. And the Fall Reading Challenge is now over. How'd I do? Well I read all the books (33) on my list PLUS 20 more for a grand total of 53 books in 3 months!!!!!
Here's the list of the books I read for the challenge.
Here's a breakdown of the OTHER books that I read
- Unwrapping Christmas by Lori Copeland
- The Parting by Beverly Lewis
- Reconstructing Natalie by Laura Jensen Walker
- They Guy I'm Not Dating by Trish Perry
- Just Jane by Nancy Moser
- Boo Humbug by Rene Gutteridge
- Try Dying by James Scott Bell
- Heather by Debra White Smith
- Splitting Harriet by Tamara Leigh
- Doesn't She Look Natural? by Angela Hunt
- The Restorer's Son by Sharon Hinck
- Blink of an Eye by Ted Dekker
- A Shadow of Treason by Tricia Goyer
- Home to Holly Springs by Jan Karon
- Your Chariot Awaits by Lorena McCourtney
- Echoes by Kristen Heitzmann
- Around the World in 80 Dates by Christa Ann Banister
- The Christmas Bus by Melody Carlson
- Wonderful Tonight by Pattie Boyd
- Slightly Married by Wendy Markham
- What was the best book you read this fall? Gosh there were all sorts of goodies. Top 3 would be Splitting Harriet, Around the World in 80 Dates and Reconstructing Natalie. Chick lit of course :)
- What book could you have done without? I liked all the books this time but I was disappointed with Fourth Comings by Megan McCafferty. It just didn't have the same zing as the other books in the series.
- Did you try out a new author this fall? If so, which one, and will you be reading that author again? Yes! I finally caved in and read Karen Kingsbury. And I found that I've liked what I've read so far. I'll continue to read her books now.
- If there were books you didn't finish, tell us why. Did you run out of time? Realize those books weren't worth it? I finished all my books this time around. An Assembly Such as This took me a while to get into mostly because I haven't actually read Pride and Prejudice yet and had only the movie to compare it too. Unfortunately until I read P&P, I won't finish that series.
- Did you come across a book or two on other participants' lists that you're planning to add to your own to-be-read pile? Which ones? Enjoyed seeing all the other Christian fiction books on other TBR lists. Makes me want to go back and reread them again.
- What did you learn -- about anything -- through this challenge? Maybe you learned something about yourself or your reading style, maybe you learned not to pick so many nonfiction books for a challenge, maybe you learned something from a book you read. Whatever it is, share! I can read up to 3 books at a time. So what I did was read 2 books from the list, 1 from each library and then another 3rd book from the TBR stack of books that I own not on the list. That way I would read books that I wanted to read and books I had to finish.
- What was the best part of the Fall Reading Challenge? I read all my library books that I had kept putting off. So I got them all done with no fines to pay!
- Would you be interested in participating in another reading challenge this spring? Definitely. Will keep me straight on another library book pile. It's already starting to pile up again. Lol.
- Any other thoughts, impressions, or comments. Thanks for hosting this Katrina!!!! Can't wait til spring!