Spring Reading Thing 2009

FINISHED!!!!!!!!



Well it's that time of the year again! Katrina at Callapidder Days is issuing out the command to get our reading lists out and done!

I started these twice-yearly challenges because I thought it would be fun to share my love of reading with other bloggers and to push myself to read some books I might not otherwise read, or to finish some books I had started and then abandoned & stashed under my bed. I thought there were probably others out there who would appreciate the accountability and encouragement that a challenge can provide. And along the way, I discovered there were lots of people who — whether they needed the extra push or not — loved to share what they planned or hoped to read during the upcoming months.

So that’s the point of the Spring Reading Thing: sharing some reading goals with all the other participants and doing it in a way that works for you. If you want to push yourself, go for it! Or if you just want to share what you’re hoping to get around to reading before June, that works too. The most important thing is to read this spring, to enjoy it, and to share that enjoyment with others.

So without further adieu is here is my list for the challenge! . Note: These are all my library books, which means these MUST be read by the end of the challenge or face the wrath of fines! I haven't listed books I own because I don't know if I'll get around to them, but they might pop up at the end of the challenge on my list.

Christian Fiction
  1. Vendetta by Roxanne Rustand
  2. Yuletide Stalker by Irene Brand
  3. Bayou Justice by Robin Carroll
  4. A Murder Among Friends by Ramona Richards
  5. So Dark the Night by Margaret Daley
  6. Dangerous Game by Lyn Cote
  7. Vanished by Margaret Daley
  8. Where Truth Lies by Lyn Bulock
  9. Glory Be by Ron & Janet Benrey
  10. Valley of Shadows by Shirlee McCoy
  11. Dangerous Secrets by Lyn Cote
  12. From the Ashes by Sharon Mignerey
  13. The Price of Redemption by Pamela Tracy
  14. Stranger in the Shadows by Shirlee McCoy
  15. Cradle of Secrets by Lisa Mondello
  16. A Christmas to Die For by Marta Perry
  17. Hidden in the Wall by Valerie Hansen
  18. Don't Look Back by Margaret Daley
  19. MIA: Missing in Atlanta by Debby Giusti
  20. In His Sights by Carol Steward
  21. Hidden Motive by Hannah Alexander
  22. Lakeview Protector by Shirlee McCoy
  23. Bayou Judgement by Robin Carroll
  24. Final Justice by Marta Perry
  25. To Trust a Friend by Lynn Bulock
  26. The Bunko Babes by Leah Starr Baker
  27. Take One by Karen Kingsbury
  28. Song of Erin by BJ Hoff (this was really 2 books- Cloth of Heaven & Ashes and Lace)
YA Fiction
  1. PS I Loathe You by Lisi Harrison
  2. Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita
  3. Viva Vermont by Melody Carlson
  4. Worst Enemies/Best Friends by Annie Bryant
32 books! This will be great for my other challenges as well. I'll be lucky to get 10 extra books read as well with all the other stuff I've got going in my life. Last spring I read 62 books, I'm counting on a lower number this time around. But as always, we shall see!

Comments

  1. Great list! I've never heard of any of the books in your list, but I'll be coming back to read your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an impressive list! Good luck and happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:45 AM

    Wow! I'm very impressed. I wish my life held enough time to read 62 books in a season, but so much of my days are spent reading One Fish, Two Fish with my kids that I am lucky to read one book a week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list - I've read some of the Love Inspired Suspense titles and really enjoyed them. I used to get the subscription, but had to cut back - I miss them.

    Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a great list! Happy Reading and i look forward to what you think of them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing how you do, Deborah. Happy Reading!

    BTW - Love the new look! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good, Deborah! You always have a couple on your list that I feel compelled to check out. :) And hey -- 30 may be "cutting back" for you, but I think it's still very impressive! Thanks for being part of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy reading, I'll be looking forward to the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:32 PM

    Last spring you read 62?!? Wow. You have a great list. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new look too. I did not list the huge stack of Love Inspired Suspense I have on my dresser. lol I love most of them too. I read some of the regular Love Inspired too. I only read a few of the historicals though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deborah, I love your new look! I've been thinking of a redo too, but don't know what I want yet.

    Great list of books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:20 PM

    Hi Deborah,
    Love your blog! And your list of books to read. Thanks for including MIA: MISSING IN ATLANTA in the bunch. Hope you enjoy the story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your new look! I see lots of "new to me" authors and will look forward to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:45 PM

    Huge List.. have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read primarily Christian Fiction, but I have not heard of most of the books you have listed. I don't know what hole I've had my head in, so I'm going to have to start checking these out. I may have some new books to read, after I finish the backlog already in place.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What about our co-read of The Face?????

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list - a lot of those authors are new to me. Hope there are some hidden treasures in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. My list will be up later today...yours looks GREAT! Added your button to my blog, BTW:-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a great list-I'm going to check them out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, thats a huge list. Looking forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Impressive list!! Blessings on your readings.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm joining this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow - that's quite a long list! Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good luck with your list! Looks great.

    Jolanthe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat