Faith 'n Fiction Saturday


My Friend Amy, who brought us Book Blogger Appreciation Week has a new carnival in the works, the Faith 'n Fiction Saturday.

Each week she will post a blogging prompt, which participating bloggers will answer on their own blogs. Then they head back to the original post and sign Mister Linky! This way we can all come to know each other more closely.

Today's Question
While books and bookstores in general are suffering, Christian bookstores are suffering even more in this economy. Do you have a Christian bookstore that you shop at? Why don't you tell us about your local Christian bookstore and the benefits that if offers. If you don't shop at a Christian bookstore, then please tell us where you get your books, music, and other Christian gift items.

Since moving up to the Northern Virginia area, I've only found one Christian book store, Family Christian, in Dulles, VA but I've only been there once and I haven't bought anything. I do go sometimes to the Family Christian store that is back in my hometown. Usually though, I only buy from there if I'm buying a gift for someone else. I only get stuff for myself if it's on sale, but it is nice to see the rows of Christian fiction (although the shelves do tend to be only filled with the popular authors). I do like the store in Bristol, VA, Christian Book Warehouse. The store carries discount Christian book, mostly with remainder marks, but the selection is huge, and the prices are great. I've gotten many Christian fiction books from there, from $6.99 or less. The store also has a great music section as well. Lately though, I've been buying new books from online stores, like Amazon or Christianbook.com.

Comments

  1. Christian Book Warehouse sounds like my kind of place, Deborah. And I'm with you - I only buy stuff for myself if it's on sale (or I have a great coupon)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coupons do drive the traffic. Why didn't I think of that? Here's my answer:
    http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/2009/03/faith-n-fiction-saturday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to tell you how MUCH I like your new look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:26 AM

    Good answer, Deborah. I too buy mostly online these days. But brick and mortar stores are still great for the "experience."

    Got my answer up at:
    http://tinyurl.com/darrwp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I have been visiting your blog for quite a while now but have just never commented.
    But this question was important to me.

    Sadly enough we used to have several Christian bookstores in our area. They have all closed! Every one of them.I think the nearest Christian book store is about an hour and a half away! I think this is terrible because I liked all the "other stuff" besides just books, posters, bookmarks, etc.

    I get most of my books from these places - The library, paperbackswap.com, bookmooch.com, friends, Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com, and CBD (Christian Book Distributor)

    I do have one question - I don't see Stephanie Grace Whitson on your blog anywhere. Have you ever read any of her books? She is my favorite Christian Writer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first time at your blog, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi wendy! yes i do love Stephanie Grace Whitson, I've been reading her for years. If you look over in the labels section on the left side of my blog, you'll find that i've written up two reviews of her books. i love both her historical and contemporary books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes, it can be so hard to pay full price for books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the info about the Christian Book Warehouse. I didn't know it was in Bristol. I live about an hour away; usually go to Kingsport, but I'll have to make the trip one day to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat