Have a New Husband by Friday by Dr. Kevin Leman

In Have a New Husband By Friday, author Kevin Leman shows women how making a few changes in attitude, behavior, and communication style can revolutionize their marriages and bring out the very best in their husbands. Leman's popular common sense method sprinkled with his humorous wit makes his advice to women irresistible and easy to swallow.

As someone who's recently gotten married, and still technically in the period of the honeymoon year, one would think I wouldn't need this book. Well it's always better to be prepared in case of unexpected turn of events right? The main purpose of this book is the help women be able to communicate with the husbands in the hopes of a better marriage. Communication is usually the biggest factor in problems in a marriage. This book explains the differences between men and women and how women should use those differences to help change their own attitudes and help them figure out their husbands.

Usually I have trouble with reading marriage books because a lot of times the books seem to say that even though the wife may be right, she needs to adapt for her husband's sake. This time however, the book recognizes that it isn't just the wife's responsibility for change, the guy needs to shape up as well.

Even though I might not need this book right now, it is one I will keep on my shelf for future reference. I'd like to say I'll never need it but it's better to be safe than sorry. I think there should be a guy version of this book as well.

Available October 2009 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Comments

  1. What a great title! I'm not married, but I might read this anyways... Doesn't hurt to be prepared, right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it would be a fun read. Do you know what's really good to read? 'Men are from Mars; Women are from Venus' - that book totally changed the way I look at men and women in relationships now. It's amazing. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat