BBAW Meme

image



It's Day 3 of BBAW and today we're all answering memes about our reading habits. I think i have some weird reading habits but you can be the judge of that!

Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?

-It depends. If the book talks about food, I like to find whatever I'm reading about and eat it. I have found though that reading about food while you're eating something, no matter what it is, makes it taste a lot better. So if you're having trouble eating, say frozen spinach, read a cookbook. It'll help it go down easier.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
-I can't bear to write in any books.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?
-I'm guilty of laying the book flat open. Otherwise I use a bookmark -but not real bookmarks, I use anything around me, magazine subscription cards, envelopes, clothes.

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
-Fiction, hands down unless I have to read non fiction for school.

Hard copy or audiobooks?
-Hard copy but I do enjoy audiobooks when I travel or am at work/school.

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?
- I HAVE to stop at the end of a chapter. In fact I can only stop at the end of every 2 or 4 chapters depending on how long the book is.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
-No. Unless it keeps coming up and the surrounding words don't help.

What are you currently reading?
-Plain Perfect by Beth Wiseman. Yes it's Amish fiction. You may roll your eyes if you want.

What is the last book you bought?
-Renegade and Infidel by Ted Dekker, and a Star Wars drawing book for my sister.

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?
-I can usually read 3 to 4 books at a time.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
-No, although reading at night in bed is not a good idea for me as I have left the light on and the book lying on top of me many times as I passed out while going to bed.

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
-It doesn't matter, I'll read anything. I do like reading series if I enjoy the characters but I really prefer to read them after the entire series is over, that way I don't forget what happens after having to wait a year or so in between books.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
-depends on the genre, but I recommend Angela Hunt a lot

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
-Other than being split up by Books Read and Books Unread (which gets split up into Books to Review and Books I Own therefore they can wait to be read), nope. I just shove them in to the bookcase as soon as I'm done.

Comments

  1. Love it that you "just shove them in to the bookcase as soon as" you are done. Love that...a good sign, me thinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also guilty of laying books down flat. Usually when I am just leaving them for a minute, but sometimes they end up like that for a good while. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, just shove them into the bookcase, eager to get to next book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:04 AM

    Amish fiction is my own little soft spot too!

    - Jesscia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to see a picture of a book where you've used clothes as a bookmark! LOL My books are organized the same way yours are! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids will like your answer! My 11 yr old son once accused his older sister of stealing his money ($3). Turns out he had used it to mark his place in a book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers!! I'm only a snacker when I'm hungry, not because of the book. I challenge you to not write in "Fearless". I'm detest writing in books, but can't seem to stop in this book!! That of course flows over to how I bookmark my pages. I NEVER dog-ear, but have used miscelaneous items that have been laying around. I've never looked up a word before. If I would have to, I'd probably not be enjoying the book! :) I mostly read at night. And like you, I'm typically reading more than one book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat