My First Author Signing!

During the Thanksgiving holiday, I got to do something I've never been able to do before. I got my wedding dress. Ok, that's not it. (Well I did but that's not the purpose of this post :)

I GOT TO GO TO MY FIRST AUTHOR SIGNING!!!!!

I went to the Harvest bookstore in Chesapeake, VA where Christy Barritt and Yvonne Ortega were signing their books!

Oh I was so geeked! This is the first time I've ever met an author in person and I got to meet two!

They both are from my hometown area. I've tried to go to one of Christy's signings before but I always had to cancel my plans at the last minute.

Both ladies were super nice and it was a pleasure to meet them both. It was wonderful to talk to them about their books and be able to finally meet them face to face. Both of them recognize me from my blog, which is awesome that famous people recognize me!!!

BTW we did quite a few bit of name dropping, including my fellow bloggers Relz@RelzReviews and Deena@A Peek at My Bookshelf! Both Christy and Yvonne said they love bloggers and they love the exposure we have given them.

Honestly, this was one of the coolest things I've ever done. I have so much respect and awe for writers and for me to meet one of my favorite Christian fiction authors was just awesome!



















Be sure to pick up copies of both Christy's and Yvonne's books if you haven't already.

Suspicious Minds by Christy Barritt
Hazardous Duty by Christy Barritt

Hope for the Journey Through Cancer
by Yvonne Ortega

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:14 AM

    Oh my gosh - that is so cool that they recognized you from your blog! I didn't know you're from Tidewater - I grew up in that area. I left there in 1979, which was probably before you were born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Chesapeake! My parents still live there. Meeting authors is so exciting. I met Jasper Fforde last year, I could barely contain myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:09 PM

    Deborah,
    I was thrilled to meet you in person and delighted that I recognized you from the blog.
    Thank you for making the booksigning so special for me and Christy. Thank you also for the ways you encourage and bless us and other authors.
    Love & Prayers,
    Yvonne Ortega

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Sigh ~ it is a little harder to travel across the Pacific for a booksigning - LOL!

    Thrilled that you got the chance, Deb. Love the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:12 AM

    Hey Deborah!

    It was so great to meet you in person at the book signing. Thanks for coming out! I had a lot of fun chatting with you and it's always good to see a familiar face! I hope we're able to meet again sometime in the not-so-distant future. :-) Congrats on your upcoming wedding.

    Blessings!
    Christy Barritt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too grew up in Chesapeake VA (Great Bridge) how very cool!
    I have not met any of the authors but the ones I have had contact with were very generous and kind.
    (I thought that was the Bay Bridge Tunnel in your picture!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

Triple Threat

The Nancy Drew Challenge