Christian Fiction Challenge- April (Read Your Oldest Book)
- Title: Promises
- Author: Peggy Darty
- Copyright: 1997
- How long was the book languishing in your TBR pile? About a month
- What made you buy/borrow the book in the first place? I had also been going through all the Palisades romances at my library and I first discovered Peggy Darty through her first romances. I enjoyed her tremendously and have also read her current cozy mysteries. So I was looking forward to reading her older works as well. I've read her other books and Promises is the 5th Palisades title she wrote.
- What were your thoughts on the story? Now this was a good book. I really enjoyed the writing, the plot, the characters, everything. This isn't just a romance novel, it's a romantic suspense where there is more suspense with just a touch of romance which I prefer. Elizabeth is a strong lead, and Michael finally learns to let her be one. The suspense part of the book is really good, you wouldn't have realized the ending unless you peaked. All the characters are fully developed and not cookie cutter. This is not a romance novel where the female keeps giving into the guy. (off the record but I also hate romance stories when the girl will say something, the guy laughs (meanly) at what she says, and the only comeback the girl can do is just stammer) But back to what I thought about this book. I'll just say I really recommend Peggy Darty's books if you haven't read any of them.
- Now do you wish you read the book sooner? Yes, I wish I had discovered her writing when the books originally came out. Luckily for me there are still two more in this series that she's written.
- Any questions/statements for the author? Excellent writing! I want more!
- Where will the book reside now? Back at the library, but hopefully these books will come out of print so I can buy them!