Book Review: "Blind Dates Can Be Murder" by Mindy Starns Clark

Dead Dates Tell No Tales

After finally getting over being left at the alter Jo has decided to move on by joining a blind dating service. Her first date isn't at all what she expected him to be and then even worse: he dies during their date! Suddenly Jo finds that she's the target of kidnapping, stalking, and death threats. She has no idea why but clues seem to lead back to her deceased date. Along with best friend Danny (who is now hopelessly in love with Jo) the two set out to find out why Jo is being victimized.

Once again Mindy Starns Clark has written a winner. I absolutely adore Jo, she is one of the best recent female characters I have read. Just like in Trouble With Tulip, you can find household hints sprinkled throughout the book (now in email format!) and which also help to solve the mystery. I'm really glad that Danny was able to talk to Jo, now the ball's in her court. It'll be interesting to see how all that happens. I found the blind dating service to be very interesting since I have never used one before. I was really chilled and frightened while reading this book. Especially near the end, I couldn't put the book down because I feared so much for Jo. It was totally like watching a movie: mystery, action, romance, suspense, drama, characters you hate- such a well developed story line. Actually I really think they should make this series into a TV show, you could learn household tips and be entertained at the same time. Sort of Heloise meets Alias type of deal. This was such an excellent book, I thought it was even better than the first one in the series. And with the cliffhanger at the end of this book, I can't wait to get started on the third which is in my TBR pile. VERY highly recommended.

Blind Dates Can Be Murder by Mindy Starns Clark is published by Harvest House (2006)

Comments

  1. What happened to the week off? Couldn't help yourself, could you ;-)

    I enjoyed this series of Mindy's but The Million Dollar Mysteries are still my favourite of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rel is too much! You always make me laugh, I can almost hear you speak, not with an accent yet, but still.

    Deborah, you've sold me on this series. I have the first one and want to rip it open now. I have to read my book club selection and challenge book first. Disciplined aren't I?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! The accent would probably scare you all! We are so used to American accents with all the US tv and movies we are exposed to! Watched Walk the Line last night - those southern drawls are something!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat