Cozy Mystery Challenge

FINISHED!



Yay! I have been looking forward to this Cozy Mystery challenge hosted by Kris from Not Enough Books, because I have really been wanting to get into cozy mysteries this year.

What is a cozy some of you might ask? Good question! To make it brief: a cozy mystery is a mystery that doesn't normally have any rough language, sex scenes, or gruesome details about the killing, and the main character is normally an amateur detective. Many times you will notice that a cozy mystery series also revolves around food or a hobby, although this isn't a requirement. The Cozy-Mystery website does a great job of listing what a cozy mystery is

1. The challenge runs April 1st, 2010 through September 30, 2010.
2. The goal is to read at least 6 cozy mysteries, one for each month. You can choose to read more, but you must read 6 in order to complete this challenge. You don't have to read 1 each month, you can read them whenever you like, you just have to read at least six.
3. While you can overlap with other challenges, please try to have at least 2 of the books only count towards this challenge.
4. Prizes you ask? Everyone loves a prize! Everyone who completes this challenge will get a bookmark made by yours truly (even if I don't mail them in a timely manner - I will mail them.)
5. Sign-up using the dedicated form. The form can be found in another post or here's a direct link. While it would be great if you signed up before April 1st, last year I had several people who wanted to join but didn't learn about the challenge until after it had started. Therefore you can sign up anytime between now and September 1st.

I will list my books here as I read them.

I'm going to read at least 10 Cozies for the challenge.

1. While My Pretty One Knits by Anne Canedeo
2. Sprinkle With Murder by Jenn McKinlay
3. Stuck on Murder by Lucy Lawrence
4. Town in a Blueberry Jam by BB Haywood

5. Glazed Murder by Jessica Beck
6. A Peach of a Murder by Livia J. Washburn
7. Cooking Up Murder by Miranda Bliss
8. Murder by the Slice by Livia J. Washburn
9. A Murderous Glaze by Melissa Glazer
10. Corpse Pose by Diana Killian

Comments

  1. Do the cozies have to be new publication? I have several that are waiting to be read but they are not new.
    This sounds like fun. A cozy is my book of choice before i go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think they have to be new books, Kris has all the information up on her site (links above)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining my challenge! Good luck reading 10, I'm not even that ambitious and it's my challenge. lol!

    for 2cats - they don't have to be new publications, as long as the book is considered a cozy mystery, it's perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat