Christian Fiction Challenge- May ( Law enforcement/Military/Mom-lit)



  • Title: The Buck Stops Here
  • Author: Mindy Starns Clark
  • Copyright: 2004
  • How long was the book languishing in your TBR pile? About 3 months
  • What made you buy/borrow the book in the first place? It's the last book in the Million Dollar Mystery Series and I had read all the others.
  • What were your thoughts on the story? Excellent book, great way to end the series. I wish there was more. I also wish I could give more details but I will when I write out my full review for the book, so look for it in a month or so :) Let's just say I learned tons about government jobs and what the NSA really does. Something interesting I did notice about the cover of the book, I read the large print version because the regular edition was checked out. My copy had the Sacajawea dollar coin on the front while the regular version has the older Susan B. Anthony dollar on it. Just a casual observance.
  • Now do you wish you read the book sooner? Definitely, I wish I had discovered Mindy Starns Clark when her books originally came out, but better late than never eh?
  • Any questions/statements for the author? One more book with Callie and Tom? Maybe they could somehow meet up with Jo and Danny from the Smart Chick series?
  • Where will the book reside now? Currently it's in a pile on the floor waiting to get back to the library, but I would like to own the whole series eventually one day.
  • The challenge is to read a book about mothers, law enforcement, or the military. Did the story showcase these professionals in a new light? Did you find a new appreciation for being a mom, being in law enforcement or being in the military? If you do, thank one/all of these professionals for a job well done! Yes, I learned tons about the NSA while reading this book. Very interesting to have a somewhat inside look at what goes on to protect the citizens of the country and we have no idea that it's going on. It is also a demanding job to have because of all the secrecy so it must be really hard for the families to go through this. They've earned my respect.
Join the Christian Fiction Challenge! Next month is June- Dad-lit or Beach Read-if it fits in your beach bag...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

Triple Threat

The Nancy Drew Challenge