Spring Reading Thing Wrap Up

Well all good things must come to an end. And the Spring Reading Thing is now over. How'd I do? Well I finished the original list of my books way back in April, and then I just kept on reading. I read all the books (39) on my list PLUS 142 more for a grand total of 181 books in 3 months!!!!!

Here's the official list of books (click) I read for the challenge.

Here's a breakdown of the OTHER books that I read during the same time:



Christian Fiction

  • Where Do I Go? by Neta Jackson
  • The Promise of the Morning by Ann Shorey
  • Who Do I Talk To? by Neta Jackson
  • Hand of Fate by Lis Wiehl with April Henry
  • A Distant Melody by Sarah Sundin
  • Too Close to Home by Lynette Eason
  • The Sweetgum Knit Lit Society by Beth Pattillo
  • Love Finds You in Bridal Veil Oregon by Miralee Ferrell
  • Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers
  • The Sweetgum Ladies Knit for Love by Beth Pattillo
  • Greater Love by Robert Whitlow
  • In Harm's Way by Irene Hannon
  • The Bride Collector by Ted Dekker
  • Plain Pursuit by Beth Wiseman
  • Spring's Renewal by Shelley Shepard Gray
  • A Constant Heart by Siri Mitchell
  • The Long Trail Home by Stephen Bly
  • June Bug by Chris Fabry
  • It Had to Be You by Janice Thompson
  • Crossing Oceans by Gina Holmes
  • A Woman Called Sage by Diann Mills
  • This Fine Life by Eva Marie Everson
  • The Telling by Beverly Lewis
  • Almost Forever by Deborah Raney
  • A Tailor Made Bride by Karen Witemeyer
  • The Power and the Glory by Clint Kelly
Chick Lit
  • My Own Personal Soap Opera by Libby Malin
  • According to Jane by Marilyn Brant
  • Rumor Has It by Jill Mansell
  • When Good Wishes Go Bad by Mindy Klasky
  • The Icing on the Cupcake by Jennifer Ross
  • The Opposite of Me by Sarah Pekkanen
YA
  • Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson
  • Asking for Trouble by Sandra Byrd
  • Through Thick and Thin by Sandra Byrd
  • Magna by Nicole O'Dell
  • Making Waves by Nicole O'Dell
  • Finding Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson
  • Romancing Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson
  • Wish by Alexandra Bullen
  • Goodbye Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson
  • So Not Happening by Jenny B Jones
  • City of Angels by Zoey Dean
  • Stranger With My Face by Lois Duncan
  • Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt
  • Movers and Fakers by Lisi Harrison
  • Paper Daughter by Jeanette Ingold
  • The Espressologist by Kristina Springer
  • The Heart is Not a Size by Beth Kephart
  • The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy
  • Runaway by Meg Cabot
  • Brilliant by Rachel Vail
  • These Boots Were Made for Stalking by Lisi Harrison
  • Scandal by Kate Brian
  • 13 Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
  • Violet by Design by Melissa Walker
  • Violet in Private by Melissa Walker
  • Tales of a Hollywood Gossip Queen by Mary Kennedy
  • Everyone Who's Anyone by Randi Reisfeld
  • A Summer Secret by Kathleen Fuller
  • Caleb and Kate by Cindy Martinusen-Coloma
Middle Grade
  • Project: Ski Trip by Melody Carlson
  • Landon Snow and the Island of Arcanum by RK Mortenson
  • The Summer Before by Ann M. Martin
Nancy Drew
  • Mystery of the Ski Jump by Carolyn Keene
  • The Clue of the Velvet Mask by Carolyn Keene
  • The Ringmaster's Secret by Carolyn Keene
  • The Scarlet Slipper Mystery by Carolyn Keene
  • The Witch Tree Symbol by Carolyn Keene
  • The Hidden Window Mystery by Carolyn Keene
  • The Haunted Showboat by Carolyn Keene
  • The Secret of the Golden Pavilion by Carolyn Keene
  • The Clue in the Old Stagecoach by Carolyn Keene
  • The Mystery of the Fire Dragon by Carolyn Keene
  • The Clue of the Dancing Puppet by Carolyn Keene
  • The Moonstone Castle Mystery by Carolyn Keene
  • The Clue of the Whistling Bagpipes by Carolyn Keene
  • The Phantom of Pine Hill by Carolyn Keene
Cozy Mystery
  • Sprinkle With Murder by Jenn McKinlay
  • Stuck on Murder by Lucy Lawrence
  • Town in a Blueberry Jam by BB Haywood
  • Glazed Murder by Jessica Beck
  • A Peach of a Murder by Livia J. Washburn
  • Murder by the Slice by Livia J. Washburn
  • A Murderous Glaze by Melissa Glazer
  • Corpse Pose by Diana Killian
  • Dipped, Stripped and Dead by Elise Hyatt
  • Murder on Ice by Alina Adams
  • Faux Finish by Peg Marberg
  • On Thin Ice by Alina Adams
  • Axel of Evil by Alina Adams
  • The Christmas Cookie Killer by Livia J. Washburn
  • Killer Crab Cakes by Livia J. Washburn
  • Invitation to Murder by Elizabeth Bright
  • On the Slam by Honor Hartman
  • Hooked on a Murder by Betty Hechtman
  • Death by Sudoku by Kaye Morgan
  • Murder in Miniature by Margaret Grace
  • Death Drop by Alina Adams
  • State of the Onion by Julie Hyzy
  • Death of a Tart by Kate Borden
  • The Cracked Pot by Melissa Glazer
  • Killer Mousse by Melinda Wells
  • Through a Glass, Deadly by Sarah Atwell
  • A Fatal Slip by Melissa Glazer
  • The Diva Runs Out of Thyme by Krista Davis
  • Homicide in Hardcover by Kate Carlisle
  • Cut to the Corpse by Lucy Lawrence
  • Sink Trap by Christy Evans
  • Bundle of Trouble by Diana Orgain
  • Dial Om for Murder by Diana Killian
  • Fatal Fixer-Upper by Jennie Bentley
  • Death by Cashmere by Sally Goldenbaum
  • Knit One, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton
  • Mum's the Word by Kate Collins
  • Shop Til You Drop by Elaine Viets
  • Skate Crime by Alina Adams
  • Scent to Her Grave by India Ink
  • Sew Deadly by Elizabeth Lynn Casey
  • One Bad Apple by Sheila Connolly
  • Tressed to Kill by Lila Dare
  • The Diva Takes the Cake by Krista Davis
  • Farm Fresh Murder by Paige Shelton
  • Deadly Advice by Roberta Isleib
  • Tutu Deadly by Natalie M. Roberts
  • Death of a Trickster by Kate Borden
  • Motherhood is Murder by Diana Orgain
  • Spackled and Spooked by Jennie Bentley
  • Death of a Turkey by Kate Borden
  • Pane of Death by Sarah Atwell
  • Lead Pipe Cinch by Christy Evans
  • Stamped Out by Terri Thayer
  • Crime Brulee by Nancy Fairbanks
Other Literature
  • Darling Jim by Christian Moerk
  • The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O'Connor McNees
  • The Lumby Lines by Gail Fraser
  • Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani
  • Stealing Lumby by Gail Fraser
  • Lumby's Bounty by Gail Fraser
  • The One That I Want by Allison Winn Scotch
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman
Non Fiction
  • Everything is Broken by Emma Larkin

What was the best book you read this fall? Too many good ones to choose from but I really did enjoy a bunch of the cozies I read and several of the YAs.

What book could you have done without? Faux Finished by Peg Margberg. Just took me forever to read that cozy. Not a good storyline at all.

Did you try out a new author this fall? If so, which one, and will you be reading that author again? Oh gosh yes. I read TONS of new authors. Most of them I will be trying to find their backlist as well as all their new releases.

If there were books you didn't finish, tell us why. Did you run out of time? Realize those books weren't worth it? There was one book that's not on the list that I didn't finish - Hallelujah by J. Scott Featherstone. It was 600 pages and I had interlibrary loaned it and it had to go back before I finished. It wasn't that good though.

Did you come across a book or two on other participants' lists that you're planning to add to your own to-be-read pile? Which ones? Well to be honest, I barely remember anyone else's list since mine was already so big!

What did you learn -- about anything -- through this challenge? Maybe you learned something about yourself or your reading style, maybe you learned not to pick so many nonfiction books for a challenge, maybe you learned something from a book you read. Whatever it is, share! Well, first off I know I read a lot! Second, I've discovered that I REALLY like cozy mysteries! Also I had taken off reading for a few weeks due to personal issues but even with that I still read the most books in 3 months ever.

What was the best part of the Spring Reading Challenge? Being able to finish up some series that I knew I would put off if I hadn't put them on the list.

Would you be interested in participating in another reading challenge this fall? Definitely. Will keep me straight on another library book pile. It's already starting to pile up again. Lol.

Any other thoughts, impressions, or comments. Thanks for hosting this Katrina!!!! Can't wait til fall!

Comments

  1. You're reading accomplishments always amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you are a beast! Well done!! And I love Neta Jackson. I can never be patient waiting for her next book, and no matter what's going on in my life, I can't stop reading til I'm done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I thought I was a good number this year being up to 31 books all year. But you have way outdone that! How do you do it? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow—you should win a prize for most books read. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy COW! Wow! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 181 -- yikes! Awesome job! I usually love cozy mysteries...I should probably track down a couple -- I'm overdue for a good cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome list! WOW. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! You're pretty amazing - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing and inspiring as always, Deborah...hope things are going better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, once upon a time I used to read a lot (no where close in this challenge), but I can't compare to this! What a great list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You are my hero. I wish I had the time to read like that. You have a great list of books up there. I will have to add some of these to my list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

Triple Threat

The Nancy Drew Challenge