Movie Review: "Sex and the City: The Movie"

I loved Sex and the City when it was on TV. I actually didn't have cable but I watched the episodes when they came out on DVD. So much of what happened in the show could relate to my life. It was total guilty pleasure. And the clothes!! And I wanted to go live in New York City too. So as a huge fan of the show, I was thrilled to hear that the movie was going to come out. I was afraid however that the movie would not be able to live up to the series. And we all know how those movies based on TV shows end up turning out to be.

Luckily, I was in for a huge treat. Fashion in this movie is simply superb. I love the scenes where Carrie is modeling the wedding dresses for the Vogue photo shoot. My favorite was the Oscar De La Renta Dress. I love the clothes that all the women wear. Charlotte's is my personal favorite because it's so classy and elegant. Carrie's is the one I wish I could wear but I know I could never pull off. The story is completely believable. I loved how the whole thing played out. There were laughs, and scenes where you cry. It was like seeing old friends again. Everything was the same and yet different at the same time. I do love the ending (don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet) and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. It wasn't something I expected to happen in that way but I was really glad for it. If they did a sequel to the movie, as long as everyone's in it again, and they follow the same format you can bet I'll be there on opening night.

My one weakness with the movie was Jennifer Hudson's character. She could have been totally eliminated and nothing would have changed. And I know she's an Oscar winner and all, but her acting was kinda flat to me. I do like how it's explained how a recent college grad can afford a $10,000 purse though. Also I wish certain people would have been a couple but alas it's not meant to be.

I'm not recommending this movie due to the R rating but if you are a fan of the show, you're going to LOVE this movie. It's pretty much a season's worth of episodes crammed into a 2 hour film. I do hope that studio execs don't think that all romantic comedies will do as well as this movie. This movie only did well because of the rabid fans like myself lol. On a completely different side note, it's amazing how this series made Sarah Jessica Parker really cool and a trendsetter. I watched her in the First Wives Club and oh my geez, talk about someone Carrie would NEVER hang around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

Triple Threat

The Nancy Drew Challenge