O Hai There

Well, in case you noticed (or maybe you didn't) I haven't been blogging in a while. Even more of a shocker, I haven't been reading either. It's quite absurd I know. The result of me not doing either has been a snowstorm in October on the East Coast! That's how off balanced I made the world!

No seriously, I just haven't felt like reading lately. I'm not apologizing by any means. Obviously this is my blog and I can do what I want! Ok back to being serious, I'm just in a slump. It's not because of what I'm reading because I was reading some fantastic books and I got a bunch of great ones lined up. I think I was just pacing myself too much by trying to have a book reviewed every week day and if life got in the way, my schedule got screwed up.

I think I will take things a bit more easier. I don't have to compete with other book blogs and it's not like the publishers/authors/publicists will kill me if I don't put up a review when I said I was going to (well I hope they don't). I also really need to put up those movie reviews, saw yet another last night (so much for my "There's nothing I want to see in 2011 besides Harry Potter!" theory).

Moral of the story: Don't pressure yourself. I've been blogging for over 5 years. If people stop coming to my blog because I don't blog for a week, so be it.

Comments

  1. We all have slumps. Going easier on yourself is a good plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will do what seems best to you - go with the flow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right not to push it. I wish more people would "get" that blogging isn't a competition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:50 AM

    I totally get that. I go through slumps all the time! One thing I changed about blogging a few months ago was I stopped pressuring myself to post every day. Now I post reviews on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and sometimes throw up a Sunday Salon on Sundays. And when I don't stick to that schedule, I don't worry about it. It's supposed to be fun, so when it starts being work that's not a good thing, for me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The holidays are coming up and we find that there are more items on the list than hours in a day.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the club. I rarely feel like reading either, which sucks.

    Enjoy your life, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:56 AM

    I've been a bookworm all my life, and sometimes a bit of respite is needed. You are normal and be happy that you have the freedom to blog whenever. We stiil respect you and love your blog!!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot tell you how good reading this post made me feel -- I AM NOT ALONE!!! ;) My reading has been in a real slump too -- lots going on at work, then being "brain dead" when I do have free time, which is all too rare now -- or so it seems. Don't put pressure on yourself -- sometimes that seems easier said than done, but it is some of the best advice ever! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well put! I am terrible about pressuring myself about the blog. I've lost a lot of readers lately and it was really freaking me out. It's good to be reminded that I don't have to compete. I am just coming out of a "don't feel like reading" slump and am getting into it again. I always seem to go in spurts with my hobbies/interests.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can completely relate! With the chaos at work and the reading marathon for the Inspys I feel like I have so many books to read and reviews to write but don't have the energy I did a few months ago. I am slowing my pace so that I can still enjoy the books I read and remembering that I want to do this rather than HAVE to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel ya doll. Ya gotta do what feels right :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat