Armchair BEA Kickoff


Hello and welcome to my blog! In case this is your first time visiting, my name is Deborah and I'm the proud owner of Books, Movies and Chinese Food.

Here's the story of me and my blog in a nutshell

-I've been blogging since September 2006
- I've reviewed over 800 books on this blog.
- In the past 3 years I've read over 1200 books (not sure exact number)
- I do read and review a lot of Christian fiction, but I've gotten pretty picky about which CF books I read these days. I also read/review general market chick lit, contemporary women's fiction, memoirs and YA. I'm a big YA fanatic especially contemporary YA but many people don't know this as I mostly read but not review a lot of the YA books that come my way.
- I'm a huge geek and I love stuff like Star Wars, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, James Bond...all the proper geek movies. I am also a big Beatles fan.
- I'm an archivist during the day. Think something like National Treasure...minus all the treasure hunting.

Last year I had the opportunity to go to BEA and had an awesome time. I wish I could have gone this year but with starting a new job in the past few months, I didn't feel comfortable taking off from work so soon. So I'm doing Armchair BEA and I'm looking forward to meeting others who are doing the same. Yes I'm still insanely jealous of all those who get to go. Not because of all the books they get (I still haven't read about 90% of the books I got last year!) but because of meeting all the other bloggers and getting to really know the publishers and publicists face to face. Hopefully next year I'll be able to go again.

So thanks again for stopping by my blog!

Comments

  1. mmmm, chinese food sounds so good right about now!! Love your post :)

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed by the number of books you read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also impressed by the number of books you read... I wish I could read at that pace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, I live books. I like movies. I like Chinese food. I think I'm going to enjoy this blog :) So glad to have found you via Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Armchair BEA! I know it won't be exactly like BEA, but I hope you still have fun. Meeting all of the bloggers in person is my biggest reason of why I want to go one of these years. I hope you have fun this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat