Armchair BEA Day 3 - Interview with Molly from The Bumbles Blog



Today's topic is was to interview another blogger. I myself was interviewed by the lovely Becky of
Bibliognome and you can read my fascinating interview over here. As for me, I got to meet a new blogger to me, Molly from The Bumbles Blog. She got to experience the wacky questions that makes up an interview from Deborah. Hope you guys enjoy it!


Your basic standard questions: What's your blog about, when did you start and how did you get started, yada yada yada

I began our blog in the Fall of 2008 in order to play along with the book meme, Teaser Tuesdays (http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/?s=Teaser+Tuesdays). I wanted a way to be able to interact with other readers online and came across that meme. It seemed I needed a blog too in order to really get to know the other participants. So I created one on the fly as a virtual extension of the things that interest my husband and I in our little corner of the real world.

We are a buffet blog – a little bit of everything for your reading pleasure for as little or as long as you like to hang out with us. Another way to describe us would be nicheless wonders. We are not a book blog, a sports blog, a music blog or a travel blog, but there are posts about all of those things there at any given time.

We host the Monday Movie Meme (http://thebumblesblog.blogspot.com/p/monday-movie-meme.html) each Monday and a Blogging post (http://thebumblesblog.blogspot.com/p/blogging-tips.html) every Friday – either to expound on an issue within the blogosphere or to provide a blogging tip. In between could be a recipe, a tour of our town through photos, a funny personal story or a reminder about one of our live monthly chats (http://thebumblesblog.blogspot.com/p/chat-on-our-forum.html).

The majority of my book reviews are now found on the group book blog, Quirky Girls Read (http://quirkygirlsread.wordpress.com/). But I do still post bookish thoughts on our personal blog too.

If you're into burgers, describe the ultimate burger. Calories/fat/sodium/cholesterol have magically disappeared for this occasion.

It is funny that you ask this question. Just this weekend I came across an item on a menu called a Pretzel Burger, which is basically a bacon cheeseburger baked in pretzel dough. I couldn’t decide if that was genius or gross.

(Deborah here: It's absolutely delicious!)

I opted for something else on the menu because I wasn’t hungry enough to find out. But a burger with a twist is always exciting. Burgers with peanut butter are awfully good. I haven’t had one of those in a while. But really, nothing beats a delicious juicy patty good enough to survive without an abundance of toppings and condiments. I write restaurant reviews for and am the editor of UpTake’s Restaurants Blog (http://restaurants.uptake.com/blog/). Perhaps I will begin some research for the ultimate burger in my region!

I see from your blog that you're from the Boston area. What's the biggest stereotype of Bostonians that is not true? And one that is?

Well, I am not from the Boston area, though it has been my home now for the last half of my life. The biggest untrue stereotype? I am always surprised when I hear outsiders exclaim unexpectedly how friendly everyone here is. Do Bostonians have a reputation for being rude? If so that is far from the truth. They are very friendly and happy to help – unless it is a frigid cold winter day and it is too miserable to stop and chat. Or if you cannot grasp the one way streets and snaking highways. Bostonians like to use their horns and middle fingers on less than perfect drivers. Bad traffic and impatient drivers are certainly true Boston characteristics. So are the accents. My husband, a true local, really does pronounce it like “Pahk the Cah in Hahvahd Yahd.”

You get a call one day from an author saying, I'm going to write a book about your life and you're going to have to let me. Which author would you want portraying you in their words? (Can be fiction (any genre) or non fiction..or graphic novel if you'd like)

Harper Lee. She needs to write another book. To Kill A Mockingbird was perfect in every way except that nothing has been published since. I’m not sure if the unexpected success it garnered for her at such a young age scared her off, soured her on the experience or just left her with nothing better to say. But if she decided for some strange reason that my life was worthy of her voice, I would be in superb hands. Hailing from a southern family myself, I have great admiration for storytellers. And she is one of my favorites.

Well the rapture didn't happen and we're both still here. If the end of the world were to happen, what are 5 things in your "end of the world" emergency kit?

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Coke (the soda, not the drug – although if the world was ending perhaps drugs would be an idea). A bible – it would be helpful for this tentative religious believer to pull an all-nighter studying up on things. I don’t know how big this kit is, but there are really no other material things that would be more important to me than my cat and my husband. So if I could pack them in that’s what I’d prefer. If not, a video of the Red Sox 2004 World Series journey would be nice to cheer me up in such dire circumstances. And something to write with would keep me from going insane.



Star Wars fan? Yes? No? If no, why not?? (this is a question i ask everyone, as i am a huge star wars geek, lol)


Having grown up with the original Star Wars trilogy, it would be hard for me to not be a fan. I had the bubble gum trading cards. The glow-in-the-dark plastic light sabres that made that swooshing sound when you waved them around. I still have an R2D2 action figure as well as an R2D2 phone that is connected in our office and bleeps and rotates his head around when it rings. My brother, in his greatest moment of stupidity (of which there have been many), gave away our Millennium Falcon full-scale model toy that was the epitome of awesomeness. No one in our family has ever forgiven him for this. The friend who suckered it out of him disappeared, surely in a state of utter glee – or greed. That thing was a classic and would certainly fetch a pretty penny on E-Bay.

Thanks again for answering these questions Molly and readers, be sure to check out The Bumbles Blog!

Comments

  1. Okay, that definitely made me want a burger and it's only 9 in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Monday Movie meme! I have never heard of peanut butter on a burger before, but I have to say it sounds kind of gross. :) I'm sure it's probably better than it sounds though.

    In our family we collected Return of the Jedi trading cards (in the bubblegum packs). I think my sister still has them, but they are pretty worn. I also had a RoJ lunch box and thermos (while all of the other little girls had Strawberry Shortcake, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm one of Molly's biggest fans. I loved the wacky questions - and the wacky answers. One thing that didn't come up but that you should know, is that Molly is a great writer. She writes super travel articles and mouth-watering restaurant reviews for UpTakes, online magazine. The link is here:
    http://restaurants.uptake.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm burgers :o)

    I interviewed Bob @ The Guilded Earlobe. Check it out? Thanks!

    Mickey @ imabookshark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking the time to interview me and for crafting such a terrific post around it.

    As for Alyce - I think I need to make her a PB Burger. Unless of course she doesn't like PB - which is an entirely different problem ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat