Spring Reading Thing 2011



Well it's that time of the year again! Katrina at Callapidder Days is issuing out the command to get our reading lists out and done!
I started these twice-yearly challenges because I thought it would be fun to share my love of reading with other bloggers and to push myself to read some books I might not otherwise read, or to finish some books I had started and then abandoned & stashed under my bed. I thought there were probably others out there who would appreciate the accountability and encouragement that a challenge can provide. And along the way, I discovered there were lots of people who — whether they needed the extra push or not — loved to share what they planned or hoped to read during the upcoming months.

So that’s the point of the Spring Reading Thing: sharing some reading goals with all the other participants and doing it in a way that works for you. If you want to push yourself, go for it! Or if you just want to share what you’re hoping to get around to reading before June, that works too. The most important thing is to read this spring, to enjoy it, and to share that enjoyment with others.

This year I'm doing things a bit differently than how I normally do these challenges. I usually use just my library books for the challenge, either by using what I already had checked out or getting a bunch of new ones specifically for this challenge. However, since one of my reading goals in 2011 was to read less library books in order to read more of my own books, I only have 3 books from the library checked out. Therefore my list for this challenge consists of the review books that I need to read/review from now until 6/20. Reading has slowed down a bit since starting work but I am confidant that I will be able to finish all these (and just a little more) before the end of the challenge.

My List:


Christian Fiction

The Judgment by Beverly Lewis
Heart of Ice by Lis Wiehl with April Henry
The Malacca Conspiracy by Don Brown
Wolves Among Us by Ginger Garrett
Tomorrow's Garden by Amanda Cabot
Love Me Tender by Janice Hanna
A Cowboy's Touch by Denise Hunter
Abigail's New Hope by Mary Ellis
Love Finds You in Hope, Kansas by Pamela James
The Lightkeeper's Bride by Colleen Coble
The Lightkeeper's Ball by Colleen Coble
Who Is My Shelter by Neta Jackson
The Promises She Keeps by Erin Healey
Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury
Look to the East by Maureen Lang
Love Finds You in Tombstone, Arizona by Miralee Ferrell
Whisper on the Wind by Maureen Lang
On Hummingbird's Wings by Lauraine Snelling
Springtime of the Spirit by Maureen Lang
Heart of Stone by Jill Marie Landis
Heart of Lies by Jill Marie Landis
40 by Travis Thrasher

Chick Lit

To Wish or Not to Wish by Mindy Klasky
The Queen of New Beginnings by Erica James

Contemporary Fiction

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Separate Beds by Elizabeth Buchan
Friendship Bread by Darien Gee
Song of the Silk Road by Mingmei Yip
Winter Bloom by Tara Heavey
The Kitchen Daughter by Jael McHenry
My Jane Austen Summer by Cindy Jones
Born Under a Lucky Moon by Dana Precious
Skipping a Beat by Sarah Pekkanen
Joy for Beginners by Erica Bauermeister
Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship by Lisa Verge Higgins

Cozy Mystery

A Stitch Before Dying by Anne Canedeo

Historical Fiction

The Linen Queen by Patricia Falvey

Memoir

To a Mountain in Tibet by Colin Thubron
Big in China by Alan Paul
The Wilder Life by Wendy McClure

Middle Grade

Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis

Non Fiction

The Women Jefferson Loved by Virginia Scharff
Codependency No More Workbook by Melody Beattie

YA

Katy's Homecoming by Kim Vogel Sawyer
Trapped by Michael Northrop
Waterfall by Lisa Bergren
The Royal Treatment by Lindsey Leavitt
Crush Control by Jennifer Jabaley
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

49 books in 3 months? Totally doable. Plus I have to write reviews for all these. That's where the fun will be. This main list is a bit bigger than my past lists BUT my final list at the end of the challenge won't be that much bigger (aka I'm not going to be reading an extra 100 books like I normally do). So it all evens out in the end.

Comments

  1. Wow, that's quite ambitious! I see several I have read and some that are on my own list to read, so I'm looking forward to your reviews.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm hoping to complete the 52 books in 52 weeks challenge and you're doing that in a few months. I refuse to be intimidated! ;-) heehee.

    You go, girl! (visiting from Spring Reading Thing)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see quite a few that I am going to add to my TBR list and a couple that I've read and enjoyed. Have a great Spring of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list. I know you can do it. Have fun! Lots of good books I'd like to read myself. My list is up now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a really great list. I'm going to have to come back and look at some of them more closely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ambitious? Yes. Completeable? Sure! Now get reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy moly .....I 'm impressed. And work too. Wow! I will try to rise to the spring reading challenge but my list will be little. I think I'll crawl before I run ;) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You must be a fast reader! Have fun!

    Amy @ Missional Mama

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I love how you say, "50 books in 3 months? Totally doable." That would do me in! But I know you'll do it (and more, I'm guessing). Thanks for being part of the challenge, Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL. 50 books is my goal for a year! LOL. I'm reading Unlocked right now and am really enjoying it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't even begin to think about reading 50 books for this challenge! I do have Trapped on my to-read list, so I'll be eager to see what you think. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, reading and reviewing that many books? Good for you. I am a prolific reader but some of my choices are running about 800 pages, keeps the count lower. Plus, all that pesky homeschooling and keeping house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whew...50 books!! Have fun with that! I noticed a couple that I've read. Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury is a good one. Though not my favorite of Kingsbury's, the story is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a list! I DREAM of being able to read that much in a short period of time!!
    Some great titles listed here...some I am going to have to add to my TBR pile!

    Happy Spring and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's ambitious. I'm not participating in Spring Reading Thing this year because last fall when I did Fall Into Reading I couldn't even get through the 10 books I listed for myself. Yikes! Every time I make a list for myself, I end up getting sidetracked and reading a whole bunch of other books instead...

    Have fun reading all of these! The Women Jefferson Loved looks like it will be particularly interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That is an impressive list! I can only hope to read 50 books in a year! The Linen Queen is going on my TBR list.
    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat