My Library Reads No. 14

My Library Reads is a spotlight on the library books that I have read during the previous week. This is not a post on what books I borrowed but books that I read. Since I don't review library books, this is a way to still be able to showcase them on my blog.

BTW, if anyone knows of another meme that is like this on another blog, could you please let me know? I don't know of any myself, but if there is one already in place, I'd like to give credit where credit is due!

Library Books read from 5/23/11 - 5/30/11

Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt (Bloomsbury USA Children's Books, 3/1/11)

YA - I really enjoyed the story and I was totally rooting for Payton and Sean at the end. I love how this book takes a serious subject (MS) and wraps a really cute contemporary YA romance type story around it. Payton is having to deal with her father suffering from MS and is told to choose a subject to focus her feelings on. She choose the back of the head of the guy who sits in front of her, a guy she has seen forever but doesn't really know that much about.

I really loved how Payton's feelings towards Sean changes throughout the book. At first he is pretty much just something that is in her life but she ignores. Then she sees him as a distraction. Then she wants to get to know him. Then she falls for him. The progression is really sweet and I love his feelings towards her as well. Interesting also is how her relationship with her best friend changes throughout the book as well. The dynamic of Payton's family is a big issue with her feelings for her father going through ups and downs. It's a light read that manages to go into deep issues without being too heavy. I really liked Leavitt's MG Princess for Hire series and this book shows that she can write for older teens as well.

By the way, this is how I imagined the front of Sean Griswold's face to look like based on the picture of the back of his head

(actor Hunter Parrish....he was one of the names thrown around for the role of Peeta)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

Triple Threat

The Nancy Drew Challenge