My Library Reads No. 8

My Library Reads is a spotlight on the library books that I have read during the previous week. This is not a post on what books I borrowed but books that I read. Since I don't review library books, this is a way to still be able to showcase them on my blog.

BTW, if anyone knows of another meme that is like this on another blog, could you please let me know? I don't know of any myself, but if there is one already in place, I'd like to give credit where credit is due!

Library Books read from 2/6/11 - 2/12/11

Stitch Me Deadly by Amanda Lee (Berkley Prime Crime, 2/1/11)

Cozy Mystery: 2nd book in the Embroidery Mystery series. Cute mystery series involving an owner of an embroidery specialty shop who keeps having dead people turn up in her store. I really like the pace of this mystery series. It's slow but comforting. The mystery is very good and I didn't know who the killer was until the very end. I liked Marcy's relationship with her mother. They actually have a good realistic relationship that's healthy. There's no tips on embroidery in the book but it's still a fun read and I look forward to the rest of the series.

Audiobook:

Adventures in Odyssey: The Best Small Town (Tyndale, 8/4/2008)

Best part of this album was hearing all the voices of all the old kids from Odyssey's early days come back and be all grown up. So great to hear Jimmy, Lucy, Jack, Curt, Lawrence and Robyn again. Sadly, the actor who portrayed Tom Riley and Bart Rathbone died during this time period so this is the last album we hear both of them in.

Comments

  1. I recently checked out Stitch Me Deadly too. I enjoyed the first book in the series and have been looking forward its release. I like this series too. Glad to hear the second book is just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so that's why they had to replace Tom & Bart's voices. I love Odyssey, but stopped listening after the 50th album. With the old Whit gone, Bart, and Tom, it just wasn't the same anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

Triple Threat

The Nancy Drew Challenge