Book Review: "On the Loose" by Jenny B. Jones


Life In Between

Katie Parker's still hanging around In Between with her foster parents. She's managed to finally start to settle down and get used to things. However just as she's starting to relax, news comes that her foster mother has cancer. Then she has to deal with the snobby girlfriend of her science partner. Her archenemy has declared war on her and accuses her of stealing. The Scott's daughter returns and tries to reclaim her place at the family home. Then to top it off, Katie hears that her mom wants her back. Will life ever go back to normal?

Just like the first Katie Parker book in the series, I totally had a blast reading this book. It brought me back to my high school days (not necessarily a good thing lol). I think Katie is one of the best characters for teen readers these days. She is going through everything a regular teen faces and she handles them totally realistic. I laughed over the scenes with Charlie and his girlfriend because I know exactly how it feels to be in Katie's situation. I can't stand guys who are blind to their girlfriend's faults and can't see when a girl is using them. Chelsea really got on my nerves because Katie reluctantly did try to befriend her but still got the cold shoulder from her. You can bet I was rooting for Katie at the end of the book. I was really glad to see the Scotts' final reaction to Amy's behavior. If it had been anything less, I would have been severely disappointed in the characters. But I was pleased to read about their decision and I supported them completely. I also understood about how Katie felt during this whole situation. I thought that her foster parents could have been a bit more understanding but it's also easy to see why there was a lack of communication.

This is one of the best YA series out there and I would definitely recommend it as an alternative over the highly secular Gossip Girl books. Looking forward to reading my copy of the 3rd book.

On the Loose by Jenny B. Jones is published by NavPress (2007)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

Triple Threat

The Nancy Drew Challenge