2009 Spring Reading Thing WrapUp
Well all good things must come to an end. And the Spring Reading thing is now over. How'd I do? Well I read all the books (32) on my list PLUS 46 more for a grand total of 78 books in 3 months!!!!! It's my BEST ever! This is thanks mostly to the 24 hour readathon where I was able to crank out 19 books in 24 hours.
Here's the official list of the books I read for the challenge.
Here's a breakdown of the OTHER books that I read
- The Cure by Athol Dickson
- Michal by Jill Eileen Smith
- Journey to the Well by Diana Wallis Taylor
- Boneman’s Daughters by Ted Dekker
- Daniel's Den by Brandt Dodson
- A Claim of Her Own by Stephanie Grace Whitson
- The Face by Angela Hunt
- Stealing Home by Allison Pittman
- A Promise to Believe In by Tracie Peterson
- Murder at Eagle Summit by Virginia Smith
- A Love to Last Forever by Tracie Peterson
- Play It Again SAHM by Meredith Efken
- Higher Hope by Robert Whitlow
- Nothing But Trouble by Susan May Warren
- The Edge of Light by Ann Shorey
- Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes by Robin Jones Gunn
- The Bunko Babes by Leah Starr Baker
- Love’s Pursuit by Siri Mitchell
- Double Deception by Terri Reed
- Snow Melts in Spring by Deborah Vogts
- Enduring Love by Bonnie Leon
- Final Deposit by Lisa Harris
- Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs
- Mating Rituals of the North American Wasp by Lauren Lipton
- Looks to Die For by Janice Kaplan
- Skinny by Laura L. Smith
- Secrets of My Hollywood Life On Location by Jen Calonita
- Family Affairs by Jen Calonita
- Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
- Sleepaway Girls by Jen Calonita
- Who Made You a Princess? by Shelley Adina
- Take a Chance On Me by Cecily Von Ziegesar
- Paparazzi Princess by Jen Calonita
- Bad News/Good News by Annie Bryant
- Poseur by Rachel Maude
- Letters from the Heart by Annie Bryant
- Access Denied (and other eighth grade errors) by Denise Vega
- Diva Without a Cause by Grace Dent
- Girl Stays In the Picture by Melissa de la Cruz
- I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti by Giulia Melucci
- The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Host by Stephenie Meyer
- The Way Home by George Pelacanos
- Secrets of Happiness by Sarah Dunn
- Admission by Jean Hanff Korelitz
What was the best book you read this spring? Since I can never choose just one...Play It Again SAHM by Meredith Efken, Boneman's Daughters by Ted Dekker, Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita, The Host by Stephenie Meyer.
What book could you have done without? A couple of the Love Inspired Suspenses were boring but I really did not like The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand. Too much soap opera. My first book by her and possibly my last.
Did you try out a new author this fall? If so, which one, and will you be reading that author again? Yes, I found a SLEW of new authors this go round. Possibly my favorite is Jen Calonita, author of the Secrets of Hollywood Life series and Sleepaway Girls. I love her writing and I can't wait to read the next book in the Secrets series.
If there were books you didn't finish, tell us why. Did you run out of time? Realize those books weren't worth it? I finished all my books this time around. I had to stop reading for a month because of schoolwork. But doing the 24 hour readathon helped to catch up. I thougth for sure I wasn't going to make it but I did..and beyond!
Did you come across a book or two on other participants' lists that you're planning to add to your own to-be-read pile? Which ones? TBH I had so many books on my own lists and have a huge TBR pile that I didn't really add anything from another list.
What did you learn -- about anything -- through this challenge? Maybe you learned something about yourself or your reading style, maybe you learned not to pick so many nonfiction books for a challenge, maybe you learned something from a book you read. Whatever it is, share! I do this challenge to whittle down my library TBR pile. It works for like a month or so as I try to finish up the list for this challenge, but in the meanwhile I keep going to the library and getting more books so it's neverending.
What was the best part of the Spring Reading Thing? Finding out new authors and just being able to get a chance to read.
Would you be interested in participating in another reading challenge this spring? Of course!!!