Since I really enjoyed this movie let me break down what I especially loved:
- Mutt dipping his comb in the coke and Indy's reaction
- After the motorcycle chase Mutt grins and Indy gives a stern look (just like his dad!)
- Indy pulls up the brush during the radiation cleaning scene
- Being totally freaked out during the first grave scene
- The Ark being shown in the warehouse
- Harrison Ford is still buff for 65!
The snake scene was hilarious. And my dad really enjoyed that part too. He's scared of snakes too, and throughout the whole scene he kept squealing in the theater. Like LOUD squealing. My mom kept trying to cover his mouth with her hand. My sisters and I shrunk down in our seats. It was rather embarrassing. I myself loved the subtle homage to Marcus and Indy's dad with the pictures on Indy's desk. Although I do agree with a forum post about Sean Connery's picture looking like a publicity head shot, surely Indy would have had a a more personal pic! Shia Lebouff was actually quite good in this movie. I was pleasantly surprised with his acting. I did miss Sallah, surely they could have added him in somehow. The climax of the movie seemed rather cheesy to me but I still enjoyed it.
The only thing that made me truly disappointed about this movie is that it was released not even a full week after Prince Caspian. It was bittersweet to watch Indy do so well because at the same time PC was hurting. Other than that, I loved this movie and I can't wait til it comes out on DVD to add to our collection. Indy fans won't be disappointed.