My Library Reads No. 11

My Library Reads is a spotlight on the library books that I have read during the previous week. This is not a post on what books I borrowed but books that I read. Since I don't review library books, this is a way to still be able to showcase them on my blog.

BTW, if anyone knows of another meme that is like this on another blog, could you please let me know? I don't know of any myself, but if there is one already in place, I'd like to give credit where credit is due!

Library Books read from 4/17/11 - 4/23/11


The Provence Cure for the Brokenhearted by Bridget Asher (Bantam, 3/29/11)

Contemporary Women's Fiction - This was a really nice book about letting love go, family, travel and food. Heidi is still getting over the death of her husband. Even though she has her son to comfort her, she still feels withdrawn from the world without him. A whirlwind trip to France takes her, her son and her teenage niece to the family's home where secrets are revealed, love is renewed and inner strength is discovered. The scenes in France are wonderful and I could picture myself traveling with the characters and taking in the sights and culture. I will admit that I was drawn to this book specifically for the cover which I found very comforting. This is my first book of Bridget Asher's that I've read and I'm eager to discover more from her.

Audiobook:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (Listening Library, 7/21/07)

Wahhh. I always get sad every time I finish reading/listening to this series. Seriously, I was sobbing on my commute during certain scenes in the book. I was hoping that I would finish the book closer to the release of the second part of the movie but I ended up speeding through it (thanks traffic jams). I was surprised at how faithful part 1 of the movie was to the book. There were scenes and quotes that came directly from the book. One thing was I remember in the movie how long the forest scenes seemed to drag but when you read the book, that's exactly what happens..it just keeps going on and on for them. Jim Dale did another outstanding job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat