Nancy Drew Challenge July Recap

The Nancy Drew Challenge is a reading challenge for 2010 for readers to attempt to read all 56 original yellow hardbacks that were in the Nancy Drew Mystery Stories. Click here for more information or to sign up for the challenge. At the end of each month, I will put up a post where participants of the challenge can recap how they did during that month.

Well, I am personally almost done with the challenge! In July I read 8 books, #s 44-51. So only 5 more books to complete my goal! Well the books I read for this month really had me getting annoyed with George. In every book she keeps mocking Bess for eating. Well you know what? It's nice to see a girl with a healthy appetite and so what if Bess is slightly plump? She is doing just as much as Nancy and George is doing. I'm not quite sure if that is what the authors intended but it seems to be a subliminal message saying it's not ok for girls to eat. The stories lately have been rather forgettable or either really outlandish. Ned seems to get kidnapped a lot. I just find this amusing. Also I had no idea he was going to be an engineer.

Also even though the story was just meh..this probably is my favorite cover of the entire series


There is just something about how the face is framed between leaves that looks like a lot of modern books that are out there today. It is probably the non cheesiest looking cover out of all the books, at least to me.

How was Nancy Drew in July for you?





Comments

  1. Read 6 books this month. I think I'm down to the last 15!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat