ok this book isn't Christian fiction (at all), but it was the only YA book I had in my pile at the time since I had already reviewed all my Melody Carlson books.
1. Title: Sealed With a Diss
2. Author: Lisi Harrison
3. Copyright: 2007
4. How long was the book languishing in your TBR pile? I got it about 2 weeks ago from the library.
5. What made you buy/borrow the book in the first place? I've read all other Clique books. My sister reads them too, I get them first from the library and then she passes it along to me. Yes I know I am 10 years older than these girls but the story is so downright unbelievable that it's addictive. I also read the Gossip Girl and It Girl series, but the Clique is by far the tamest out of the three.
6. What were your thoughts on the story? Once again completely unbelievable. First off the constant mentioning of brand names was disgusting. I mean what 13 year old wears all this sort of stuff every day? Does the author get paid for mentioning them? And what's with the weird language? "Point!" "Ehmagawd!!!" and Massie's stupid comebacks? I did appreciate how Claire is more willing to stand up in this book and that Massie doesn't treat her like dirt. I'm confused though as to why these girls are all 13 and not a single one of them has gotten their period yet. Especially Alicia, like Layne mentioned, who keeps being described as having huge C cups. And they all act so immature every time this is mentioned. I did like the end of the book as the girls realize that they need to not pay attention to guys so much. Although I don't think it will last, at lease the author seems to be trying to convey something to the readers.
7. Now do you wish you read the book sooner? Well it only just came out, but I had been looking forward to it for some mindless entertainment time.
8. Any questions/statements for the author? Why?????
9. Where will the book reside now? Will go back to the library today.
Join the Christian Fiction Challenge! Next month is September - To be decided
Don't Be a Scaredy-Cat Writer
2 hours ago