Christian Fiction Challenge June- Dad-lit or Beach Read-if it fits in your beach bag...


This month the rules stated that two people had to read a book. So I got the boyfriend to join along with me. He chose a non fiction book, while I went with a mom-lit type. So two different types of book for this challenge.

Here is his book:


1. Title

90 Minutes in Heaven
2. Author

Don Piper with Cecil Murphey
3. Copyright

2004, Don Piper/Revell Publishing
4. How long was the book languishing in your TBR pile?

2 Weeks
5. What made you buy/borrow the book in the first

place?

Referrals from Friends/Relatives
6. What were your thoughts on the story?

The story was very heart-warming, comforting, and offers hope to everyone who doubts the existence of heaven and the afterlife. This story reaffirms my belief in the afterlife and being welcomed into heaven by our loved ones. The author of the story is a Baptist Minister, in which experiences a horrific traffic accident; is pronounced dead by EMT’s on the scene for 90 minutes, and is brought back to life. This story recounts his time from the accident, through his spiritual voyage in heaven, and back to his body here on earth. He then recounts his long process of recovery, along with all the trials and tribulations associated with them.
7. Now do you wish you read the book sooner?

Yes.
8.
Any questions/statements for the author?

Thank you for reaffirming what I already knew to be true, and for giving all of those people who didn’t know this truth, hope for the future.
9. Where will the book reside now?

Already have a line of people wanting to borrow the book, thus it will be passed down.


And here's mine:


  • Title: Bottom Line
  • Author: Kimberly Stuart
  • Copyright: 2007
  • How long was the book languishing in your TBR pile? About a month
  • What made you buy/borrow the book in the first place? I received it as a book to review. I read it during the Spring Reading Thing while I should have been reading actual books on the list. It was that good!
  • What were your thoughts on the story? Loved it! Not your typical Christian fiction book, and not the same old run of the mill mom lit either. The main character is not your typical SAHM. Excellent writing and great story. It was very fresh and funny. I couldn't stop reading. I'll have my full review of this book on Monday.
  • Now do you wish you read the book sooner? Yes plus now I have to go back and read the first book in the series, luckily I already own it.
  • Any questions/statements for the author? I loved the book! I hope there's more Heidi stories along the way.
  • Where will the book reside now? It's back on my shelf, will hopefully be reread again one day.

Join the Christian Fiction Challenge! Next month is July-YA book (H.P.new release?)

Comments

  1. Er. Umm. Could you knock off the part about my "still thinking". I think I've been thinking long enough! Why don't we leave it at read a YA book. Haa! HAAA! hee whoo! Thanks Deborah.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your thoughts. Comments on posts that are older than 14 days are moderated so don't worry if your comment doesn't show up automatically.

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

Triple Threat

The Nancy Drew Challenge