About Me

Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm a late twenty-something graduated grad student in the Northern VA area. I just recently finished up my Master's Degree in History (US History with a concentration in Applied History). I am a processing archivist by day. I've discovered that there are many people who don't know what an archivist is so click here to learn more.

I had the wonderful opportunity of interning at the Smithsonian Institution this summer at the Archives Center at the National Museum of American History (that'd be the one with Dorothy's slippers). I was part of a team that processed the Scurlock Studio Photography Studio collection (a family owned DC based photo studio) - over 40,000 black and white negatives and prints. It was a wonderful experience and influenced my decision that this is the field that I really want to work in.
I really enjoy living up in the DC area (this is as big city as I'm going to get!). There's so much to do and see up here and as a history major it's wonderful to be near so much history-making.

I started blogging in 2006 because I wanted to tell people about the books I read. I figured I'm going to be reading these books, so I'd like to tell others about them and help them learn about the good books that I've read.

The title of my blog comes from
three of my favorite things that makes for a perfect night in (or out I suppose):

Books: I love reading. I've been reading since I was three years old and haven't stopped since. One of my favorite jobs was being able to work in a library for 3 years. It was probably the best job a book lover could have. My own personal library is over 3000 books and I plan to keep growing!
I need new bookshelves as currently my TBR pile is stacked against the wall and in danger of toppling over. I usually read about 450 books a year (not counting books for school)

Movies: I'm a huge movie fan as well. Some of my favorite movies include the Star Wars series, the Indiana Jones movies, the James Bond series, the Harry Potter series and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. In short, when it comes to movies, I fall into the geek category. I don't really have favorite genres as I have to like the movie itself. For example: I am not a chick flick type of person, yet I do love Love Actually, The Holiday and He's Just Not That Into You. The Academy Awards are like my Superbowl, I compete in Oscar Pools, stay up the whole night to watch the awards, and I can tell you every major nominee/winner since 2000. I'm a trivia buff as well so if you ever play Trivial Pursuit or Jeopardy against me, Beware!

Chinese Food: Really, can there be any other better kind of food? Roast pork lo mein, shrimp fried rice, General Tso's chicken, stir fry vegetables, Peking duck. Hungry yet? I love getting take out but Chinese buffets are awesome too. This also represents my Asian background, I'm half Chinese, half Burmese. (I don't speak either language so don't ask me something in either!) I've been to Malaysia twice, where my mother is from and I hope to go to Burma some day when all the tension has gone down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lost Mission by Athol Dickson

The Nancy Drew Challenge

Triple Threat